Whataburger, an iconic American fast food chain, was founded by Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton in 1950 in Corpus Christi, Texas. Initially known for its striking A-framed orange-and-white-stripe-roofed buildings, the brand is recognized for serving large, delectable burgers, prompting the exclamation, “What a burger!” Over its 70-year journey, Whataburger expanded from a single location on Ayers Street to nearly 825 outlets across ten states. Initially family-owned until 2019, the company achieved $2 billion in sales by 2015 and has been celebrated for its high social engagement and innovative marketing strategies. Although now managed by a private equity firm, the Dobson family retains a minor stake. The chain remains committed to its founder’s vision, providing made-to-order burgers and prioritizing customer satisfaction, solidifying its reputation in the fast food industry. For employees, Whataburger ensures that accessing financial documents like pay stubs and W2 statements is a touchless process, thanks to their online Paperless Employee Portal. The system provides reliable, touchless, and early access to W-2 forms.
How Employees Can Access Their Pay Stubs & W2s:
1. Navigating the Portal: Employees can simply visit this portal to access their pay stubs and W2 statements.
2. Logging In: Employees must input their User ID and Password on reaching the portal. Easy recovery options are available if either is forgotten, ensuring seamless access.
3. Account Creation for New Users: New to the system? Creating an account is straightforward:
- Start by selecting the “Create Account” option visible on the login page.
- Proceed to the “Account Authentication” process. This requires details like your Employee ID, Social Security Number (avoid starting with 000 or 666), and date of birth (in mm-dd-yyyy format). After completing the reCAPTCHA verification, select “Authenticate & Create Account.”
- Following authentication, input your personal details, including First, Middle, and Last Names.
- Design a unique User ID that should be 6-15 characters long, incorporating both letters and numbers.
- Set a password according to the provided guidelines and move ahead using the “Save & Continue” option.
- For added security, select and answer three security questions.
- Share your contact details, such as primary and alternate email addresses and phone numbers. Email or phone verifications will be sent to authenticate your contact information.
- Once verified, choose your preferred electronic statement notification options. Determine whether you’d like to receive pay statements on your primary or alternate email.
- Employees can log in after completion using their newly created User ID and Password.
Once logged in, employees have the flexibility to access their pay stubs or year-end tax statements straight from the dashboard, making the entire process smooth and user-friendly.